RF Explorer Signal Generator COMBO (SE-114991659) up to 6GHz
RF Explorer Signal Generator Combo is a major improvement over the standard RF Explorer RFE6GEN Generator. The new generator includes important functions requested by our most demanding customers.
The new COMBO product includes harmonic filtering, high-performance amplifiers for higher output power, fine amplitude adjustment and support for frequencies as low as 100KHz covering up to 6GHz with no gaps.
See below comparison of a 25MHz signal generated with new improved RF Explorer Signal Generator Combo (in red) and a signal generated with standard unfiltered RF Explorer RFE6GEN (blue). The new Generator Combo offers a perfect sinusoid filtered signal as opposed to the squarish unfiltered signal from RFE6GEN.
- Pocket size and lightweight
- Solid aluminum metal case
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features
- High capacity Lipo for 10hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB
- RF Explorer for Windows free software for CW, Sweep and Tracking SNA control
- Automation libraries available in Python and .NET, free USB API for any programming language
- Wideband support, very stable CW signal output
- Fine amplitude adjustment 0.25dB
- High output power up to +18dBm
- Optional recalibration procedure available upon request
- Frequency range supported: 100KHz to 6000 MHz
- Calibrated Amplitude range: -40 to +10dBm
- Uncalibrated extended Amplitude range: -60 to +18dBm
- Amplitude step/resolution: 0.25dB over calibrated range
- Amplitude accuracy (typical): +/-2dB in most frequency and power ranges
- Frequency step/resolution: 1KHz
- Frequency stability: 0.5ppm
- Temperature compensated (0-45C)
- Backlight for great indoor visibility and high contrast LCD for outdoor visibility
- Standard SMA 50 ohms connector
- Spurs: Internal fractional PLL configuration in some cases create spurs typically -50dBc or less.
- Harmonics: typical values range about -40dBc for 2nd harmonic, -50dBc for third and higher harmonics.
- Switch measurement point speed < 10ms
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors
- PC Windows client supports Windows XP/Vista/Win7 both 32 and 64bits
- Functional modes:
- CW signal generator at any frequency in the range
- Tracking generator functionality working together with RF Explorer Spectrum Analyzer when connected to the same PC
- Sweep generator between any to frequencies in the range, with selectable step size and speed
- CE / FCC / RoHS compliant
- Additional details and datasheet at www.rf-explorer.com/RFEGENCOMBO